Barmston Village Primary School is a nurturing, stimulating and creative school community that is continually striving to improve children’s learning experiences and aspirations to prepare them for life in an ever changing global society.
At Barmston Village Primary we strive to achieve our vision by:
- Providing a safe, caring, nurturing, stimulating, supportive and happy environment where all children achieve the best outcomes through partnership between pupils, staff, parents and the wider school community.
- Ensuring that children feel a sense of achievement in all they do, valuing and celebrating their contributions to society.
- Maintaining high expectations in terms of behaviour and learning, which is based on positivity and praise.
- Celebrating social and cultural diversity so that everyone feels valued and respected.
- Providing a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum to enable every child to reach their full potential.
- Developing enquiring minds, enterprising skills and embrace lifelong learning ensuring that children enjoy learning and become confident, independent and critical thinkers.
- Having a well-managed school with clear lines of communication so that everyone is aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Helping children to develop a knowledge and understanding of issues affecting health, well-being, mindfulness, and how to become a responsible citizen.